In Vitro Fertilization(IVF) helps with fertilization, embryo development and implantation, so you(women) can get pregnant.
How does IVF work?
IVF stands for in vitro fertilization. It’s one of the more widely known types of assisted reproductive technology (ART). IVF works by using a combination of medicines and surgical procedures to help sperm fertilize an egg, and help the fertilized egg implant in your uterus.
First, you take medication that makes several of your eggs mature and ready for fertilization. Then the doctor takes the eggs out of your body and mixes them with sperm in a lab, to help the sperm fertilize the eggs. Then they put 1 or more fertilized eggs (embryos) directly into your uterus. Pregnancy happens if any of the embryos implant in the lining of your uterus.
IVF has many steps, and it takes several months to complete the whole process. It sometimes works on the first try, but many people need more than 1 round of IVF to get pregnant. IVF definitely increases your chances of pregnancy if you’re having fertility problems, but there’s no guarantee — everyone’s body is different and IVF won’t work for everyone.
If you're paying in Naira, it will depend on the current exchange rate.
- Testing and Diagnosis of Female Infertility € 1,148.00
- Diagnostic laparoscopy of female infertility € 2,635.00
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) for female infertility € 3,111.00
- Laparoscopic dissection of adhesions in secondary female infertility € 3,009.00
- Recanalization in secondary female infertility in the obstruction of the fallopian tubes € 7,933.00
- General therapeutic rehabilitation € 565.57